Friday, November 11, 2011

today's shout out belongs to bay

so today i am thankful for my friend bayley, who i met in college. sometimes i wish i had the energy or craziness that bay has... in college and for the three years afterwards that i lived in raleigh, we have so many memories where bay is the crazy one who ran up and hung out with the dj (nearly got us kicked out), found the tackiest decoration and wore it (shrimp necklace, huge sunglasses), and i was the motherly one trying to get her to calm down... maybe i should be more laid back, haha. at the same time bay is very caring and always give me great advice. i know i tend to lean on the dramatic side of life, but bay is my friend who isn't so dramatic, so it is great to have her to balance me out. since i have moved to charlotte, we have managed to stay close and i love our weekly phone chats (especially now that she has a longer commute home). when my grandmother passed away, without hesitation, her and holly came from raleigh, which meant more to me that they both probably know. bay also loves animals; which has always provided some humor in our friendship as i am deemed to be her dog and cat's "awkward aunt." seriously, give me a baby any day and i am good to go, but animals, so not my forte. i am thankful for all the memories (ridiculous halloween costumes, thanksmas dinners, and all things UNC - football and basketball). today i am thankful for my friend who listens to me go on and on, tries to calm me down when i can't seem to remember everything is not life or death, who encourages me, and who is one of my dear friends! love you bay!

No comments: