Saturday, November 12, 2011

my amazing friend, lica

so, this next friend, i can say without a doubt God put in my life for a reason. lica has got to be one of the most encouraging person i know. lica and i first met through kasey, and we would casually talk, but about a year and a half ago, one night she had to ride in my car so i could take her to hers and we sat in my car as she ask me something and i just broke down... ever since then we have been extremely close! she calls really personal talks, "chunky talks," and i love it. we will meet for lunch or dinner and it is literally like two hours of a friend who can't get enough of all that is going on, a friend who has lots of life experiences to relate, and lots of encouragement. don't get me wrong, i try very hard to love on her and ask her things too, but she is so giving. at the women's retreat in charleston last april (2010), we were all having a night of reflection, really digging deep as to what God was trying to get us to let go of, and i can honestly say I could really feel God doing something in me... I went to the cross (they had one there for us) and laid down my biggest struggle in life (it was written on a card) and then went back to my seat. i was very emotional, praying, and just excited about letting go of what i had written on my card. lica stands up and comes over with a letter that she literally says to me, "i am not sure why, but God told me to write these words to you. it is very true though, and i love you." i am not kidding every single word on that page that lica wrote was God-breathed and exactly what i needed. i mean, the entire letter was on what i had put on my paper that i put on the cross (no one could have possibly seen my individual card)... i still have that SWEET, AMAZING letter and it is probably one of the MOST meaningful things i have today. i know God orchestrated the letter, but i cannot say thank you enough for obeying that call. lica loves me regardless and never judges me. she is the most amazing friend, and i am so thankful that God has blessed me with a friend in her. she is about to have a baby boy, and i am SO excited. i cannot wait to help spoil that little baby:) love you my sweet friend.

No comments: