Sunday, November 6, 2011

kasey-k (should have been nov. 3rd post)

so, today i am thankful for my best friend in charlotte kasey:) i met her just a few months after moving here, and without a doubt, i know God put her in my life for a reason. she is the wisest, most dependable, reliable, and loving friend ever. when i first met kasey, she was my life group leader. at this time in my life, i was in a point in my life, when i wanted to grow in my relationship with God and she was just the friend God sent to help me do just that. as many of you know, i tend to read things and not understand, between lindsey and kasey, i immediately know, especially when it comes to not understanding a Bible verse. kase has challenged me to do things and to trust God more. i remember we read a book in our group, Crazy Love. this book really made you think outside of the box and i had been praying for God to give me the courage, the faith to step up and give back. i was so scared to go on a mission trip, but kase was about to go to the Congo. by seeing the awesome experience that kasey had and how God showed up in mighty ways, by reading Francis Chan's book, and with support from her... as you know, i just returned from my first mission trip to Haiti. kasey listens to me tell the same story 100 times and never complains, for that i cannot say thank you enough. we can have fun cutting out art for the children on sunday morning, watching football games, going shopping, trying some new recipe (have i mentioned she is the best cook), going to disneyworld (can we go again, please), or pretty much anything! today i just wanted to say how thankful i am for my friend kasey! i can't imagine my life without her and love her to death.

No comments: