Wednesday, November 2, 2011

continuing to be thankful, Crystal

so, this person has been my best friend since kindergarden. we played in mrs. bradshaw's sandbox together, we loved mrs. nixon in 2nd grade, we made it through the awkward years of middle school, we rode in each other's cars for the first time on the day we got our license, lots of memories together. we have cried over more boys, and goodness you would have thought life was ending many times, but i am glad our dramatic ways have kept us on our toes and provided laughs after the fact. crystal is my friend that will be there for me no matter, she is so loyal and always has my back. i find so much comfort in my friendship with crystal. there is no way i would be who i am today without her. she provides more laughs than any other of my friends, you cannot be around her and not laugh... put her and nicole together and you are probably crying you are laughing so hard. crystal and i didn't see eye to eye when it came to college, she wanted to stay home and i wanted to go away... i didn't want to be away from her, but knew that despite what everyone said, we would still be best friends... every chance i got in college, i went home and we hung out just like we hadn't missed a day. she came to visit and it was great:) i'm happy to say that ten years since high school, we are still just as close as we were the day i left for school, luckily now i live only about 45 minutes from lincolnton so we get to see each other more often. crystal has always supported me and been there for me no matter what. no matter what i am going through, no matter how upset i am, if i call her, she is there for me, and for that i cannot say thank you enough (i may have already called ten times before, but i'll try to say it differently each time, she still listens). crystal recently got married, and i was so worried that our friendship would change, but it really hasn't. i am so happy for her and dusty, think the world of him and so glad that she found the man God had for her. today, i just wanted to say thanks for being there for me, for loving me, and for being such a wonderful, loving friend to me:)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Right back at you! I love you very much!