Wednesday, November 17, 2010

this is a good one... THE CANCER IS GONE

on the 17th day of november, i am so, so, so thankful to the one and only... the one who is in the miracle business.

i feel like i should give a little backstory, my grandfather was diagnosed with birkitt's lymphoma in june/july of this year.  basically, he had a very large tumor that was spreading in his abdomen and the doctor told us that the type/amount of chemo needed to treat the spreading tumor growth would kill him.  this was absolutely devastating news to my family and me, as we just lost my grandmother a little over a year ago.  the doctor had a plan to use a reduced dose of chemo, and said that we should hope for the best.  my family and i completely turned the situation over to God, believing that if it was in His will to heal my grandfather from this horrible disease He would.

we finally got the GOOD NEWS!!!  my grandfather has had 5 chemo treatments, the 6th one next week:)  he had a scan a few weeks back, and guess what... there are absolutely no tumors, they couldn't find a one... YOU GO GOD!!!  this has been a very hard, physically draining, emotionally exhausting journey for my grandfather, my mother, my aunt, my uncle, and really my home family, but we are so PRAISING GOD for this wonderful news.  i can't wait for my grandfather to start feeling back to 100%.

what a great gift just in time for the holidays.  Pop called me last week and asked if i would come and put lights on his Christmas tree, it is the little things like that that mean so much:)  love him so much, and i am so thankful for this wonderfully good news...  take that cancer!!!

with my sister and me

at his 80th birthday party, he was feeling horrible but rallied bc we surprised him

at his 80th birthday with his children:)
thanks to everyone for all of your prayers, it means more than you will ever know!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! LOVE YOU POP!

Malia said...

this was SOOOOO special,,,thanks for posting & the photos, PRICELESS, LOVE you