Sunday, November 7, 2010

my wish kids

How can you not fall in love with her smile?

In front of her playhouse, Holly and I loved her sweet smile.
sweet boy, he got to meet John Cena and an added bonus, John Cena

recruited Whit to help with Savannah's room makeover (pink and purple explosion)
on this 7th day of november, i am so thankful that i am a volunteer for make a wish.  the whole experience from interviewing the children to find out what there one wish is, to having their wish reveal, or hearing the stories once they return:)

some of the kids already know what they want, others we have to ask a lot of questions to figure out what the best wish would be.  one particular little girl had really done her homework.  she said, "I wish to meet Selena Gomez, be in an episode of Wizards of Waverly Place, record a song with her, and the mom added, record a PSA about Cystic Fibrosis:)  I wish I could say that we were able to grant this wish but celebrity wishes are not that easy.  You have to take into count publicists and the celebrity's schedule.  Also, all of her extras are not allowed:(  So, she went with her 2nd wish... her whole family was able to go on a week long trip to Hawaii!!!

by far one of the sweetest little girls i have ever met was one of my wish kids, Claire.  She had a rare lung and heart condition.  She was adopted from China, and seriously had the most infectious smile.  Her wish was to have a playhouse in her backyard, she wanted a white playhouse with brown shutters and a pink door with flowers in the windows, haha:)  Love the detail.  She also wanted a Barbee Jeep parked on the outside.  She was probably the most excited of all the wish kids I've had so far.   Maybe I say that because I got to experience her excitement, as many of them have gone on trips.

There have been so many others that have touched my heart.  Many know that my passion is to work with pediatric oncology patients, so volunteering with Make A Wish is one way I can help out, knowing I don't work in this field.  I am thankful for the opportunity!

No comments: