Wednesday, November 3, 2010

loving christian parents, most definitely

so today i am thankful for my loving christian parents.  maybe yesterday was just a day of reflection for me, but as we all stood around waiting on the election results, i realized how blessed i am.  my parents came out to support the carpenters and it was nice to be able to see them.  my mom was making me laugh, as she kept saying her back was bothering her.... i finally ask why?  she said, "because rog took me on the four wheeler, but i didn't want to tell him, you know how he is, he won't take me back on it if he knows my back has been bothering me."  it made me laugh to think how much fun my parents are having living out in the woods, enjoying life.  they go on walks together, apparently ride four wheelers, and enjoy being empty nesters.  are they ready for grandkids, oh yes... but can i do anything about that right now, um no.  i'm pretty sure my prays for them daily, haha. 

i am so thankful for their love, support, and example.  they are both pretty optimistic and very faithful, even when things appear gloomy, sometimes that can drive me crazy about my mom.  honestly though, it balances out my dramatic approach to life, isn't that right, mom?  my mom is the rational, cool, calm and collected one... definitely didn't inherite those traits from her.  my dad is the one i go to when i want someone on my side, someone to agree with me.  he always makes me laugh. 

i love them both dearly, and on day 3 of being thankful in this month, i just want them to know how much i appreciate them!!!  love you mom and dad.

1 comment:

Malia said...

you are SUCH an AMAZING daughter, LOVE you Kelsey!!