Saturday, January 31, 2009

security measures... i could have ended up anywhere!!!

so on thursday, i flew up to philadelphia for a day trip. i returned to the airport three hours before my scheduled flight. i asked the ticket agent if i could get on an earlier flight, she said she thought i should be able to, there were open seats, but unfortunately it was closed on her end ( i would need to speak to the gate agent.) it was 3:12! the flight left at 3:35. the times in this store become very important. she says, you have 19 minutes to get through security and to the gate, if you can make it, they'll let you on the plane. so, i take off. i get up to the security line, there are 9 people in front of me, i'm thinking i have 9 minutes to get through this line, and to get to my gate. luckily, i was already in my terminal or there would have been no way. this is where my patience runs thin.... i wish people would listen to the TSA officials. i mean, if they say, no liquids, gels, or aerosols... do you think they are kidding? probably not. you are not exempt? no one is special. when you know you have to take your shoes off, take them off before you get right up to the metal detector. i mean, prepare. i feel like a crazed lunatic sometimes. i want to grab people and help them prepare for this process, i think it is my OCD kicking in. anyway, on to my story, i could go on for hours about the security screening process and how dumb people are. so i make it through the security checkpoint at 3:19 --- whew, i now have like 5 minutes to run to my gate, as they close the cabin door 10 minutes prior to departure. so i get there at 3:23, with two minutes to space. a chinese/japense lady is the gate agent. i am thinking, if she talks like the ladies who do my pedicures, i am screwed. i am not trying to be racist/stereotyping here, but let's face it, you can't understand them. so, i hand the lady my ticket and explain that i want on this earlier flight, she says that they only have middle seats. i tell her i don't care, that is fine. she hands me a boarding pass, and tells me to run down the jet bridge. the boarding pass says, 5F. well me being the avid traveler, i know 5F is a window seat, i'm like, woohoo. i love window seats. i get on the plane, of course someone is in 5F. we (the flight attendant) and i then realize that she had reprinted someone else's boarding pass for me. urghhhh. i get off the plane to get a new boarding pass and the "stupid" gate agent, says, "just go get on the plane, pick any open seat. unless you want to wait and get on your original flight. you going to get left." i'm thinking, they have no record that i am going to be on this flight. what the heck? all the security measures they take... and now she is telling me to go get on this flight, and pick a seat, any seat??? i wish i could do the accent on this thing, it would make it so much more hilarious. regardless you get the picture.

i made it home safely, which is all that matters. i'm going to call us airways to let them know i am not happy with my service. maybe i'll get a free voucher to go somewhere fun out of it, haha - that is funny right.

1 comment:

Malia said...

thanks for commenting on my blog, you are probably the only one who ever will ! ha ha I just can't think up good stuff, or if I do, I am at work & don't have time to type it, and you know how dial up is at home, but maybe I will update it now & then ha ha-love Moma