Wednesday, January 21, 2009

am i twelve or in college all over again

so this morning i go to the airport to catch my 9:18 am flight out of charlotte to biloxi for the day, and i park in the east deck. you have to catch a bus to the terminal, which is normally not a big deal, but this morning, it brought me back to a time i'd like to forget. so, i get my purse and work bag with laptop and head to the bus to get to the terminal. the bus is there, so i start booking it - walking super fast to get there so i don't have to stand out in the 19 degree weather, as i decided to wear a cute dress, tights, and my knee high boots ( oh the things we do for fashion) this morning. to my complete disbelief, that @$$hole (sorry for the language) starts pulling off, i couldn't have been more than 15 feet away from the bus, it wasn't full - and he drives off. i couldn't believe it. as cold as it was. i literally wanted to throw my purse at the bus. immediately my mind goes back to my college days and chapel hill transit - i had their number on speed dial. i called the bus company in college so many times it wasn't funny. they ran on a schedule, and if they came a minute early and pulled off, i complained. you can have one foot in the bus and they would pull off, seriously. one time, my college roommate and best friend, lindsey and i were on there and someone was trying to get on the bus and this person was trying to get on and the bus driver wasn't having it, so he took off, well the person fell and was hit by the bus, rolled on the sidewalk and everything - talk about ridiculous. i was terrified the person was dead, and the bus driver never stopped, even after we enlightened him of what had happened. talk about ruthless. luckily the next bus driver came about 10 minutes later, after i was shaking and shivering. too bad i don't have a number to report the bus driver from this morning, and too bad they don't run on a schedule, or else there would be a formal complaint filed against that driver this morning.

alright, about to get on my plane to come back home, i'm so tired. exhausted actually.

1 comment:

Malia said...

WOW, am I glad I didn't know all that while you were actually THERE, girl! Talk about S-C-A-R-Y
Hang on , it's supposed to be 60 degrees here tomorrow...YIPPEE...I know you will be glad to get home this week :)) Love, Moma