Tuesday, January 13, 2009

finding a gym is so not easy

ok, so after the broken fibula and physical therapy, my plan to join a gym was put on hold. i am being released from physical therapy this week, so i am have been on the search. i have called so many gyms, it is ridiculous. ok, so i started with the ONLY gym within a 5 mile radius of my house - mt. island fitness - they were $60/month with no pool next i called peak fitness they were $30/month, but 20 miles away from my house and no pool, then i called the YMCA in charlotte $60/month - crazy. so today, i remembered that a personal trainer that i had used at my gym in raleigh recommended a gym in charlotte - embassy sports club. i called them today, they are located uptown. the location should have been a sign that they would be expensive, but i had no idea how expensive. i called them and they said $95.99/month plus a locker fee, something about a small one was $30, medium $45, and large $60 all per month as well - that is like average $150/month for a gym membership - excuse my language here, but are they going to wipe my a$$ too. i mean, my gosh. what the heck. so clearly, i will not be using this gym. so, i've decided to go with the belmont ymca, as they are $50/month and only about 4.5 miles from my house, only three exits away, going towards gastonia. i am so excited to have found a gym. let the quest to lose weight continue. woohoo. i'll keep you posted on how it is going.

1 comment:

Malia said...

Baby you are SO good, I am loving this BLOG