Saturday, January 24, 2009

naked people in gyms... what are women thinking?

so, today i joined a gym in charlotte. i know i posted a blog a couple weeks ago saying i found gym in belmont, the closest gym to me, but come to find out the gyms in charlotte turned out to be cheaper, because they consider young adult membership younger than 30, woohoo!!! so, i decided, set up the draft and all to join the one in charlotte - the dowd. it is the one uptown. so this means, lots of young guys, professionals from the uptown area, woohoo. not that i would intend to meet someone at the gym, i mean who looks their finest at the gym, but at least it gives me motivation to work out and potentials to look at.

so, i go to tour the dowd location today, and another female member takes me to see the women's locker room, because a nice guy by the name of craig helped me with my joining/membership, so he obviously couldn't take me into the women's locker room. we walk in, and i've seen a locker room before, but this gym is huge. women were all over the place. the women, were totally stripping down - completely butt-naked, and i am thinking, what in the world. why would i, or any of the other women who are trying to hide themselves and change, want to see their world? i mean, i don't even strip to absolutely nothing in front of most of my friends - maybe my friends i've been friends with since kindergarden, but out of consideration for each other, we all try to change facing the other direction or go into another room. boobs and "flucies" are out in the open - and these are mostly older women... i am thinking, what in the world - why am i being tortured with this. i know it isn't a big deal, we all have it, but still - can't they go in a corner at least. i guess i will have to get used to it.

no matter what, i will still think they are all crazy. i think that women should be considerate. i don't think women should flaunt things. i think they should be respectful of others.

my goal for 2009 is to lose 25 pounds. i've already lost 10 pounds since october of 2008, to lose 25 pounds more is the goal... wish me luck. if i could stop eating french fries i would be a lot better off. the diet is the hardest part for me.

in other good news, i have found a small group at my church in charlotte. i am so excited to get started in this group - kasey the group leader is 29, and i think we are going to get along great.

i made two new year's resolutions - 1. floss everyday and 2. make my bed every day i am home - i've actually been doing both of these pretty regularly - so i'm pretty proud of myself. i need to set resolutions every month.

i'm making myself a new person this year. i'm excited.

alright, going to watch private practice on this saturday afternoon. have a great rest of the weekend everyone.

3 comments:

Manda said...

maybe what they are "thinking" is that it is a locker room? a place to change and shower? Dont get me wrong, I am annoyed by the women who prance around naked, dry hair naked, put on makeup naked.....but its kind of hard to get in/out of a swimsuit or shower wihtout getting naked. And it is all women...so whats the big deal?

Malia said...

I agree w/Kelsey, why not just go into a bathroom stall or shower to get completely naked...I definitely would NOT feel comfortable, even with ALL WOMEN if they were all completely naked..but I guess if enough of them think this is the place to do that, well, she really will have to 'just get used to it' :))

Kelsey said...

the intention of my blog is to be funny and for my friends, family, and anyone who wants to read it to laugh and follow in my adventures in life and my traveling. i'm not trying to raise a stink or provoke arguing... it is just my opinion. i pay the same amount that they do, so i'll close my eyes, and not prance around naked, because i'm not comfortable flaunting around in the nude - out of respect to myself and others. let's face it gravity takes its toll after a while, and no one wants to see that whether you are woman or man. enjoy other posts or stop reading if you don't like my opinions/stories.