Friday, January 9, 2009

a lucky crunch

so, thursday, i landed in charlotte, finally home after 4 visits this week - and i call my grandmother and my mother - my two phone calls that i make everytime i land somewhere. my grandmother is always worried about me, and she knew i was exhausted from how much traveling i had been doing this week. she said, "i'm glad you are home, please be careful, be safe driving home." I was like, "i'll be fine. it is like a five minute drive from the airport to home." well, aren't those famous last words. i get on billy graham parkway, and i am at a stop light.... there is a white ford windstar in front of me. the light turns green.... i see the car start to go, and i am putting something in the side door of my car, and happened to look down... and when i look back up, i realize that i need to hit the brakes and super fast. tooo late... crunch. i rear-ended someone... yikes. i get out of my car and the lady is hispanic... she is making sure i am ok??? what the heck, i am the one who hit her. she looks at the damage of her car, the bumper seems to be a little dislocated and the paint is removed in some areas (two main areas) and says, it is ok... i am late for work, we don't need to call the cops, and gets back in her car and drives off. i am in total disbelief. this does not happen. i mean, really. i figured, i was screwed the moment she got out of the car. i mean, if it had been my car, i would have called the police. luckily for me, my car escaped with no damage and i didn't get a ticket. i figured that she didn't have a license or insurance and thought that by calling the police she would get in trouble. her loss. my blessing.. God is so good. it is like my friend holly said, it is my time to catch a break. after the blown out tire, and only being pulled over twice and having two pink memories to show for it... i deserved a break.

No comments: