Thursday, January 15, 2009

homeowner associations, what?




so, the other day i turn into my community to see a cleaning service, cleaning none other than the fire hydrant - well the water in it. yes, you read that correctly. what in the world? i am thinking to myself, in this economy, are we really paying someone to clean the water in the hydrant. i'm also thinking, if my house is on fire, the stuff in the my house is probably already ruined, so it wouldn't matter if the water is clean or dity. i mean, smoke will ruin everything regarless of if the water is clear or a little dirty. just saying. meanwhile, i'm thinking, no one sees the water in that hydrant. i'm thinking, i've got a laundry lsit of things that my $235/month in HOA fees could go towards - let me list them out here:




1. fix the potholes/manholes - repave the roads


2. fix the broken street signs


3. get all the dirt, nails, and crap out of the parking spaces


4. put a light up behind my building, as it is scary dark at night


5. put a light up at the dumpster


i'm posting a picture to show you some of our broken street signs, but the HOA (homeowner's association) is more worried about the water being dirty coming out of the hydrant, haha.

No comments: