Tuesday, January 20, 2009

someone else like me, loving some zzzzs

so i read an article in my real simple magazine about a lady who likes to sleep. she talked about the fact that she can sleep until noon, 1, 2, and three in the afternoon. (and she is an adult) the one thing it didn't say was if she had children. she is married, but the article didn't mention kiddies. it talked about how she can stay up til 2 and 3 at night and then sleep during the day - that is so me. it said she had a normal job - and there are times when she has to get up early in the morning, and she hates it, but i believe that this woman and i are one in the same.

i may not be to her extreme, i mean, really i do not sleep until 2 or 3 in the afternoon, but if i didn't have to get up for work on any given day, i could definitely sleep until 11 or 12, but it is because i hit my prime (and get so much work done) between the hours of 10 pm - 2 am. i love it. i have no idea why. i have never been one to go to bed early. never been a morning person. most of my friends think it is strange. my friend crystal is somewhat similar. i mean, when she isn't teaching, like during breaks, weekends, and the summers, she does the same thing... i just thought it was interesting that they wrote an article about it in real simple. this woman simply loved sleep, as do i. it isn't that she or i are lazy, we just love it.

my mother doesn't get it. she doesn't understand how i can sleep so late. when i go home for holidays or when i lived at home for the brief two months when my townhouse was being built, she would wake me because after a certain hour - but she is a morning person. note here: she also goes to bed at 10pm sharp every night, so yeah, she is ready to get up by 6am every morning. i just wonder when i have kids if i will change, i mean, i know i will have to ... to a certain extent, but will my kids be similar to me, or will they bouncing off the walls at 5am - i hope not, i'll die. i'll be so miserable, haha.

sometimes when i go on trips with friends, it is very hard for me to go to sleep with all my friends, i am so not used to going to bed so early. case and point, this weekend.... my friend kaleena came down. she is used to going to bed earlier than me, because of this, i went to bed earlier. i was actually able to go to bed at least an hour or two earlier than normal, so it all worked out, but it was interesting. i need to try and make myself go to bed by midnight, but it is hard.

maybe as i get older, it will all catch up with me, and i will start to go to bed earlier. we will see... about to board my plane to charlotte from tampa, i will sleep, as i had to get up at 6:30 am and didn't go to bed until 1:45 am, haha. have a great tuesday everyone. enjoy the snow!

No comments: