Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Could it get any hotter outside?

So, my day began at 4:47 AM - yeah, you can imagine how thrilled I was when the alarm went off, especially since the last time I looked at my clock it was 2:15 AM. I get nervous that I am going to sleep through my flight, which I have done, just once, haha.

I got off to D.C. with no problems, woohoo! Got to my site a litte early, and headed to Linens and Things. I have been trying to find these euro shams that go with my comforter for my guest bedroom - you would think these things were laced with gold, as hard as they have been to find. Well, the store at the Pentagon didn't have any, so they called the store in Mt. Laurel, NJ - where I am staying tonight. Believe it or not, they had two of them - and the store is one of the few that is closing - so I got an added discount, woohoo.

I should go back and speak of my experience from D.C. to Philadelphia, PA. So, they tell us the flight is on time, and we board a bus to get to the plane... this is where the fun begins. We then sit on this bus for literally 25 minutes, in the 90 degree weather. I mean, one of the worst things to me is being hot, and the air conditioner was conveniently broken on this bus. To all my Carolina friends, imagine the P2P when people were standing on top of each other - but then add everyone's luggage to this, and no air. What you get is this: completely irate, hot, rude airline passengers. Everyone is screaming at the bus driver, the poor guy drives over to the shade in hopes to alleviate the sweating and screaming from all of us. So, once we get on the plane - which I must add - was much cooler than normal, so U.S. Air, I appreciate that.... a gentleman, who could very easily be a pro basketball player sits behind me. I am sure most of you know where this is going... This "gentleman" (I use that term loosely now) had his knees in the back of my seat the whole time - I should have just sit on his lap. Thank goodness that the flight was only about 25 minutes long, or I would have had to go postal on this guy, haha, jk.

In other news, I locked in my loan rate today, woohoo. That leads me to believe that it really might happen this month. The loan can only be locked for 30 days - so we are moving in the right direction. I cannot wait to get moved in, and have no fear, my wonderful friend Crystal is planning a housewarming party!!! I will make sure she has all of your names! I can't wait for everyone to visit and see the new place.

Alright, well I'm going to get some dinner before the premiere of Top Model comes on. I hope everyone has a great night, and I'll update at the end of the week.

No comments: