Thursday, September 25, 2008

Can you always trust what the pilot says?

So, today I had to fly to Memphis, TN for a two day visit. After getting up at the crack of dawn - try 5 AM - I got on the plane and fell asleep as usual. Then I wake up about the time the pilot says we are 3rd in line to take off. so we're off, and then we're not... we start taking off, speeding up, and then the pilot makes a sharp right turn, in a plane may i remind you. please note: this is the 2nd time this has happened to me... not cool. the pilot comes over the speaker and says, "we got a message not to take off. i'm going to talk to maintenance and we should be on our way soon." now i'll admit that i'm kind of asleep during this time, but the fact that no one was coming to look at the plane, freaked me out. i'm thinking, i want off of this plane, ASAP. of course, they do not give you an option of getting off the plane, so the pilot waits about 5 minutes and says, "ok folks, we have been given the clear again." since i'm typing this email post the flight, you can rest assured i made it here safely, but i was nervous. we didn't have any problems, but if they would have let me off, i would have gladly taken another flight...scary! i'd like to thank God for protecting me today, seriously.

so, my dad, my brother, and one of the guys that works for them started painting my townhouse the colors i chose. i hope lots of state fans come to visit my house and see my pretty carolina blue office, go heels!!! (haha) i move in on saturday, i cannot wait, woohoo! i'll post some pictures for everyone to see.

always sign up for free drawings, this weekend crystal and i went to the southern women's show. we registered for everything. i won a pampering party from mary kay for me and four of my friends - complete with a facial, mineral make up makeover, and a hand treatment. so, crystal, holly, kendall, natalie, and i are being pampered monday night, woohoo.

so, as if winning the pampering party wasn't wonderful, i get a call from another vendor at the show telling me that i didn't win the big prize - a rainbow vacuum - but i did when a $100 gas card, what are the chances. i promise i'm not normally that lucky, haha.

p.s. the gas crisis is a bit ridiculous, but holly and i found some around midnight in charlotte. the best idea is to go super early or really late, so you miss the people out and about during the day... and the ridiculously long lines, like 50 plus cars - we saw that in charlotte.

everyone have a great weekend.

No comments: