Thursday, September 18, 2008

big people on airplanes

so, yesterday i flew home from florence, sc to charlotte on another little turbo prop - 10 rows, and cramped quarters. so, i sit down in my seat, 5F (window) and all these people pass me and i'm thinking, yes, i'm going to get these two seats to myself. just as you think that, you see the 400 pound guy heading your way. you are thinking, no, please don't sit beside of me, please don't, plop - he has 5D - no middle seats, so no 5E. i am not trying to be mean, but as uncomfortable as he now is, imagine my discomfort - i've got a man, that i have never spoken a word to in my life all up in my personal space. i mean, really this is so not fair. his arms, legs, and whole body are totally on the part of my seat that i paid for. i managed to scoot over as much as possible, to the window to give him some more room, but no matter what i tried, he was still all up in my grill. i'm wondering at what point do they make someone buy another seat. i know this man didn't mean to be all up in my space, but at the same time, maybe it is time for him to purchase two seats. all of this, while i look at the only person on the plane that got those two seats to himself, a 12 year old boy who is skinny as a rail - i'm thinking, please come sit with me and provide me some personal space and breathing room? all the joys of air travel.

today, i have lots of work to do. and i'm going to see my great, great aunt in the nursing home. she has no idea who i am, but i go in hope that she at least feels comforted by the fact that people, whom she thinks are total strangers, are coming to visit her. my mother and i are heading there while my grandmother is out of town - she normally takes care of her during the week. i'm kind of afraid of the mess we may run into, but hopefully it won't be that bad. i'm sure i'll have a story to tell.

i'm excited about this weekend. so, friday bayley is coming to visit holly and i in charlotte. we are going to have a great weekend, and i can't wait for her and holly to see my townhouse. saturday is the apple festival, i'm excited about that - hopefully i will make it this year - maybe holly and bay will want to make a quick appearance with me. sunday, crystal and i are going to the southern women's show - i cannot wait. we had so much fun last year - don't worry this year we will not be persuaded to do the zoom whitening, haha.

alright, that is all for today. 6 days til closing, 9 days til moving day!!! i can't wait!

No comments: