Wednesday, June 6, 2012

day 14: describe 5 strengths that you have

oh man, sometimes i am better at pointing out my flaws as opposed to my strengths, but i think i can do this, haha...

1. i care deeply and am thoughtful - most people probably wouldn't see this as a strength, but i think this is a huge part of my character and i know this is one of my spiritual gifts, so to me it is definitely a strength.

2. i am super organized - give me some folders, post it notes, paper, etc and i will go to town... i love organizing actually.  ask the family i was a nanny for in college and they will tell you.  when the kids went to summer camp or had activities after school, i didn't just sit around and do nothing at their house, i organized the kids dressers/clothes by color and type, i folded their laundry and organized it all.  i rearranged their pots and pans in the kitchen and organized it all the time.  i seriously loved doing it and the mom (whom i love dearly) loved it equally the same.  she used to tell me that i should start my own business, haha... instead she helped me get my job at quintiles (she works there too) and now we work at the same company, forever grateful to her.

3. dependable/loyal - there isn't anything i wouldn't do for my family and friends and once you are my friend, you would have to do something pretty terrible or basically ask me to walk away before i will stop reaching out.  i love with my whole heart.  i give 110% and want to always be there for my friends.  i can't think of any reason not to be.  my friends are my rock, so being there for them in return is a no brainer!  two of my very best friends, i have had since elementary school. 

4. i am opinionated, have a voice - i love that i got this from my mother:)  man oh man, when i was younger, i can remember her calling corporate on companies/people, and thinking i was so embarrassed, but now i do the same.  i love that she didn't raise me to sit back and not speak up.  i love that this is one area in my life where i am not afraid to speak up.  i don't let people walk all over me; i let people know what is expected, what i want, and in turn treat others the same (or try my hardest too).  sometimes i do get a bit sassy, but i am glad that i have a voice and it definitely gets heard!

5. i can remember your name, typically after one meeting.  i also remember birthday, addresses, and phone numbers, this is a very strange strength of mine, but i think it comes in handy a lot.  no lie, show me your address once, and typically i have it memorized.  phone numbers are a little harder these days as we all use cell phones and unless you have to dial the number, you don't typically look at it.  i do have a lot of my favorites (people i call a lot) their numbers memorized though.  birthdays for sure, i don't forget those... it is the one day out of the year that you get to make that person feel so special, i think they are a big deal and that person should feel so special and celebrated:)

that is all i have for now!


No comments: