Tuesday, May 15, 2012

day 8: 5 passions i have

a lot of my passions are centered around helping others and children, but here goes:)

1. pediatric oncology/sick children - a lot of people think this is a weird/morbid one, but i have a heart to help children when they are not feeling well.  specifically doing anything i can to help children who have cancer is a passion of mine, and i mentioned it on a previous post about my dream job.  i volunteer with make a wish, which is a great way for me to pursue a passion because at this time i cannot work in it.  my friend kasey said to me at one time, not everyone gets to work in their passion, and that has given me a lot of peace and patience over the years about this.  seriously, when i get to tell a wish kid that their wish is coming true, there is nothing like it.  it is AWESOME.  i would really like to volunteer at campcare, but i just haven't been able to get in touch with the right people, but maybe next year.

2. helping children in need/other countries - i've been to Haiti once, and i am going back in July of this year.  seriously, seeing these children who desperately want someone on this earth to love them, to feed them, and care for them will capture/steal your heart forever.  i wish more than anything, i could have just taken jazmine back with me after our first trip.  i will say, my frist trip there was a lot of fear on my part, of their diseases/germs/unknown things, but i know that my God will take away that fear this time and that I will be able to love on them and have a lot more fun the second time around.  my friend lindsey has a heart for an orphanage that she spent a year at in nairobi, kenya (well a village about four hours outside of there) and one day, i would love to go with her, so i am not limited to where i want to go, wherever God wants me to go.  i just want to share God's love.  i know that one of my gifts is loving on children, so wherever HE leads, I will follow:)

3.  doing things for others/serving - i love sending a card, getting a care package together, organizing a meal be sent or something of that nature to someone who is going through a challenging/difficult time.  i don't say this to sing my own praises, but i truly do just love doing things for others.  i know that my love language that i give to others is giving gifts and being thoughtful.  i hope my future husband is okay with this:)  i also love serving with my small group or any group/friends, etc.  whether it be a soup kitchen, a fundraiser, painting/light construction... i really do enjoy giving back!

to be continued... i can only think of three things, right now, haha:)

No comments: