Friday, May 11, 2012

day 5: 5 things that make you HAPPY

in no particular order, here are 5 things that make me happy...

1. time with my friends.  this is going to be a year full of change, but i am so excited for my friends:)  there is nothing that makes me happier than spending quality time with my friends.  it doesn't matter if we are just cooking dinner, watching a movie, going to target, laying out by the pool, heading out of town, anything, i am most happy when i am surrounded by the people in my life that God has chosen to bless me with.  my friends are my rocks, don't know what i would do without them. 

2. country music.  i absolutely love to turn country music on really loud and just dance around my house, listen to it while i drive, or go to a country concert.  something about it just makes me carefree, happy, and relax.  turn on a little jason aldean, chris young, luke bryan, carrie underwood, or so many others, and i am seriously in my happy place. 

3. a good class at the gym.... so i have been somewhat out of the loop on working out, but this week i have gotten back into my routine.  i forgot how much i love the classes and the way it makes me feel afterward.  i do enjoy working out and the soreness that follows!  i actually want someone yelling at me telling me what to do to get good results! 

4. worship time at new charlotte (i would say this is more joy/closeness with God)... no matter what else is going on in my life, i love singing/worshiping God.  it is like for that 20 minutes or so, nothing else matters, the world behind me stops, and i love that!  i think so many times, we all get caught up in the chaos of how busy our lives are, so this is another one of my happy times.  sometimes i think i would do just fine with a full gospel choir 24:7, i like to dance!!!  seriously, love it!

5. doing things i truly enjoy like scrapbooking, crocheting, organizing, etc... i think for many years, i wanted so much to fit in and do what everyone else was doing and not what kelsey wanted to do.  when i actually stop and do what i want to do, even if it is by myself, i am so happy.  i think we all have different interests and recognizing this has been huge for me.  let's face it, i will never be the spokesperson for outdoor world, but i can appreciate a good walk outside, a good hike every now and then, camping occasionally, but there lots of things inside that i also enjoy, and that is okay, that is what makes me ME:) 

No comments: