Thursday, May 10, 2012

day 3: describe my relationship with my parents

mi madre ~  well, let's see.  i am pretty close to my dear mother.  my mother and i have some similar qualities, but for the most part we are pretty different and i love that.  i talk to my mother almost every day, if i don't i get a nice text that says, "haven't heard from you since _____ day, you ok?" it is funny, i'd like to say i get annoyed, but truthfully, if she didn't check in, i'd probably be upset with her.  a lot of times, i just need to vent/tell someone about my day, she is not a talker, but sure is a great listener and i remind her a lot that she brought me into this world, so she has no choice but to listen to my completely, long-winded, drawn out stories, haha.  my mother is extremely loyal, very caring, loves deeply, and would do anything for her family.  she is always encouraging me, praying for me, and cries/laughs with me!  she didn't plan on having kids, but God had other plans, and for that, i'm very thankful:)

mi padre ~ this is a good one!  my dad, is actually my step-dad... who stepped into my life when i was seven years old.  at seven, i was less than thrilled about this transition, but at 29, i can't imagine my without him.  i have been so blessed that 22 years ago, God decided to choose him as my dad.  i have a great relationship with my dad.  first of all, being 29 is not married, he is my go to handy man... i know he will be more than thrilled when i get married to be relieved of this duty, but i like the fact that it gives him or sometimes both of my parents a reason to come visit.  a lot of times, my dad and i will just call each other up and discuss different things, and i love these convos.  it is like we see eye to eye a lot, and maybe my mom and sister see eye to eye a lot... and i am completely okay with that.  my dad is the most generous man on the planet, i mean, literally, he would give the shirt off of his back to someone who needed it; i love that about him, and know that my heart to give back definitely came from him:) 

i am so blessed, fortunate and thankful to have to wonderful, loving, Christian parents who raised me.  i am so glad that i live close enough that i can go visit them when i want and they can make the big trip to the thriving metropolis of Charlotte:) 

No comments: