Wednesday, December 1, 2010

my church

so, on the 28th day of november i am thankful for my church.  when i moved to charlotte, a little over 2 years ago now, i didn't really know anyone in the area.  my friends from home and family were an hour or so away, so i knew that i faced an uphill battle trying to get to know people my own age, with the type of job that i have.  i knew i wanted to find a church immediately, so the 2nd church i visited was forest hill:)  i immediately felt as if God was calling me to stay and give it chance... what a huge blessing FH has been to me... i have grown tremendously in the past two years spiritually (from seeds planted by people i have met there and from messages I have heard), i have met lifelong friends, i've enjoyed the two lifegroups i have been in, and i really LOVE volunteering in the nursery on sundays.  those little precious kids playing and loving every sunday, brings so much joy to my heart.  to know that i can serve, by giving a parent a sunday off, makes it all worth it.  i know one of my gifts is working with children, and during this time of being single and not having children of my own, i will serve and play/love on others children:)

who knows what the future will hold, but for now i am thankful for the church i've been attending for the past 2 years and what God has done in my life since I moved to charlotte:)

No comments: