Wednesday, December 8, 2010

what a fun birthday, 28 is going to be a good one:)

so, when i started thinking how i wanted to celebrate my 28th birthday, i immediately thought that i wanted to do something old school, something fun, something that wouldn't make me feel 28... so of course i thought, roller skating.  last year we tried to go ice skating, but it got rained out, so i played it safe with an indoor skating activity this year.  so, emily and kasey rallied up the troops in charlotte and lindsey rallied the troops from home (my two best friends) and we all headed to get ready, Texas Roadhouse, and then to skating.

we went to eat first, and they made me sit on a saddle and screamed to the whole restaurant that it was my birthday, now when i was younger, this would have been fine, but as i get older, not so much.  i was truly mortified, but all in good fun, right. 

after dinner, we had to kate's skating rink... it was family fun night at first and there were kids everywhere, but they quickly left and we were able to skate around and have a great time.  everyone was able to pick it up, just like when we were kids.  i had so much fun with so many of my friends. 

kasey even made me a cookie cake, so delicious:)  so thoughtful.

on saturday, i went home for lunch at bbq king with my family and we celebrated:)

i had one of the best birthdays, and i am excited for what 28 holds. 

love you em

three of my best friends on the other side of the table

table 2, logan, jason, and christine

table 2:  doug, grant, cheryl, and jerusha

so mortified, trying to laugh my way through it

in the 6 year old party room with my cookie cake kase made me:)

skating fun

love it


everyone but dusty, as he was taking the pic:)

celebrating with my fam, my daddy

my sweet moma

my sister:)
thank you to everyone who made my birthday so special:)

No comments: