Wednesday, October 15, 2008

a world with no coke and a week of travel with no sound machine, AHHHHHHH

so for anyone who knows me, you know that the thought of ME not drinking coke is enough to make me crazy - and then you are probably thinking, i am glad i am not around her right now, haha. well, you probably know that i inherited moma's bad headaches, so i went to the doctor last week and i started taking this miracle drug, topamax. my friend valerie had told me about it, so i knew about some of the side effects before talking to my doctor about it, so that is where the name "miracle drug" came from. the main side effect that my friend valerie has experienced is weight loss - 37 pounds to date - val, you look great!!! the other thing, which will probably help me the most, is that anything with carbonation taste horrible. so, this is where the no coke comes into play... i haven't had a coke since last wednesday. oh my gosh, i am dying. i just want one so bad. i know the craving will go away, but i love it, and it is like it doesn't even exist anymore. it is a good thing that i like to drink water. the other good thing is at least i'm taking a drug for headaches, so i'm not having the withdrawal headaches as bad as i normally do when i try to stop drinking coke, haha.

next thing, last night my sound machine stopped working in the middle of the night. anyone who knows me, knows i have to have my "round of applause" as crystal calls it, or my "noise makers" as my dad calls it on while i sleep or what, " I CAN'T SLEEP" so i kept waking up last night, no good. i will be buying a new travel sound machine when i get home, so let's hope i can make it through tonight - i am in boston.

speaking of boston, i am here during the baseball playoffs.... no one here is happy as the redsox can't seem to get it together, haha.

another thing, i wasn't going to mention my dating life on here, but i figure why not have it bring more humor to everyone's life. i've gone out with a guy on a few dates, and we went to a corn maze on sunday. just thought i'd pass on the information to everyone. if you are looking for a fun and creative date, it is a great idea. we had a blast. don't worry i'm weird, i'm still picky as always, so who knows when i'll finally meet someone that i'll actually date, but just thought i'd pass on the information about the corn maze.

gotta run, mandatory work dinner again tonight. i hate it when i don't know what i am eating, so wish me luck. last night they tried to get me to eat to veal - negative.

No comments: