Wednesday, October 1, 2008

missed flight and flooded hotel room

so, i get the airport today exactly 1 hour and 12 minutes before my flight leaves at 4:20pm all to find out i left my power cord at home, so i quickly jump back in the car and go home to get it. i return to the airport by 3:30 - and get inside the terminal 37 minutes before my flight leaves. the airline attendant proceeded to tell me that i could get on the plane, but my baggage could not. i'm trying to beg this lady to find a way to get my bag on the plane, when she looks up and says, you can no longer get on the plane, the 30 minute window is up. so, i have now managed to miss my flight, i get put on the next one to atlanta, no biggie, leaves at 6pm. everything seems to be fine, and then i get to atlanta. i received an email saying that someone would be waiting on me with a sign that said quintiles and my name. well, that didn't really work as easily as i thought. i am walking around back and forth inside waiting on this magical man with my name on a sign - i'm thinking why can't i find this man... he forgot about me. how will i ever get to the hotel, knowing the lead on this study hates me. finally someone leads me to a "limo" lot. i'm thinking, why have they set up a limo, i just need transportation. turns out, galleria limo is waiting on me in the limo lot - poor guy was about to give up on me. he thens tells me that the hotel isn't far away, but 45 minutes later, we arrive at the hotel. meanwhile, he can't speak a bit of english - talk about a language barrier. i gave him a 2 dollar tip, and i'm pretty sure he was annoyed, oh well. then i get to the marriott - note hilton properties are much better. i go to room 321 - my assigned room - all to find a room that looks like it has been flooded, there are those industrial sized fans all over the floor, the rooms smells like mildew, everything is off the floor, and the bedding and sheets are piled in the middle of the bed... i'm thinking, what the heck? so, i go back down to the lobby desk and get a new room, and finally i am here. i am tired, so i think i'm going to go to bed in a few.

1 comment:

QOA2u said...

man....whose got your hair in their gris-gris bag.