Saturday, October 18, 2008

a loud thump and a swollen ankle

so, i return home today from being gone all week, and 20 minutes later i found myself lying at the bottom of my staircase in tears. so, i was running down the steps and missed the bottom 6 steps... so as if missing the first 3 steps and hitting the wall wasn't bad enough, i miss the next three and land on the hard wood - i felt like every bone in my body was broken and knew for sure that i was dead, haha - clearly if you can still think that, you aren't right?

anyway, i managed to crawl back up the stairs to get my phone, all to realize that i had a land line phone downstairs the whole time - such a bright one, i tell ya. so i immediately call my moma, all kids want their "mommies" when something goes wrong - which brings me to my next point. i always call my mom right when something like this happens, when i am so upset that i can barely form words. she always, always, always says, "kelsey, i can't understand you." i should learn to call her after i calm down, but i just want her right then. haha. so, mom, a note to you, after 25 years i haven't stopped doing that, so i probably won't, just letting you know.

so, i have followed all the guidelines for sprains tonight - to keep from having to visit the wonderful emergency room - although the nice baseball size swollen egg on the side of my ankle has tempted me to go have it checked out several times tonight. i have put ice on it, elevated it, and wrapped it with an ace. i am still going to see the olympic gymnasts tomorrow, so i'll take the trusty crutches from when i had knee surgery and be on my way. just thought i'd update with a funny story about how clumsy i am.

have a great sunday everyone!

1 comment:

QOA2u said...

Bless you heart! If anyone asked what happened...just say...I am a gymnast and was supposed to be performing tonight;)