Tuesday, October 28, 2008

chattanooga and SNOW

i started my week on the wrong foot. i woke up late yesterday and followed mapquest directions to sumter, sc - can someone please tell me why "br" stands for business on mapquest directions??? what should have taken me 2 hours took me more like 3 hours - nightmare. i made up for it on the trip back, 1 hour and 45 min, mom - be thankful i didn't get another speeding ticket, haha. so, quintiles has taken away our navigation privileges with hertz and they want us to use our navigation systems on our blackberries, not cool. the "telenav" system is horrible. every two minutes, it says, "you have no cellphone service. please move to an area where you have cell coverage." why would i move to an area to get coverage when i do not know where i am? someone please help justify this switch? quintiles didn't do their research on this one...i would like to know the monitors who were on the pilot program that tested this system - i think they were afraid to say what they really thought.... let me be part of one of those programs, haha.

so, i flew to chattanooga last night, get in my rental car, and i have navigation. hertz gave it to me, and i wasn't complaining - woohoo!!! so, i put in hilton garden inn and drive to my hotel...get there and the lady says, "we don't have a kelsey morgan staying here" - i'm thinking how did the idiot at quintiles travel mess up this time, especially knowing that i confirm my reservations now... so, she types in my confirmation number and says nope, not us. so, i pull up my confirmation/reservation all to find out that chattanooga apparently has two hilton garden inns, so i've gone to the wrong one, so, now i'm the idiot. so, i get back in the ford fusion - and drive to the other one... i'm so hungry and tired... all i want to do is eat and go to bed... and i'm thinking what will i eat.... you'll never guess what was right beside me.... who knows my favorite restaurant... TEXAS ROADHOUSE was right beside the other hilton garden inn....i was so excited, so that is where i went for dinner, then turned in for the night.

i had a visit today, only lasted about an hour or so...and the site said that it was snowing this morning... too bad i slept through it, i really want to see some snow!!! now i'm sitting here waiting on my tiny little plane. got lots to do to get ready for my housewarming party this weekend.

have a great rest of the week:)

No comments: