Monday, January 28, 2013

weight watchers week 1

i am so thankful that i decided to do this.  is it easy, NO.  i am one week in, and had my first weigh in this morning, and it went well.

so, before i post my results, let me talk about last week....

so, after registering and logging in i found out that i was allowed 26 points a day.  so, monday i wanted to eat like i normally would just to see how many points i would typically eat in a normal day.  i used to eat a bagel thin (110 calories), reduced fat cream cheese, coffee, with no sugar, but with natural creamer (it is delicious), and a strawberry shake.  this was literally like 10 or 11 points, i was shocked, haha.  for lunch i typically eat like a turkey/provolone/avocado panini with mustard and i will take the leftover avocado and make some homemade guacamole with whole grain scoops... this was like 15 points. then for dinner that night i had a you pick two from panera and holy moly the points from that nearly killed me, but i had worked out twice, so i was hungry... i will get to that in a minute.  my baked potato soup (which I only ate half of was 6 points (for the half)).  my thai chopped chicken salad (which i ate half of) was 6 points for the half as well.  the french baguette (how do you spell that) was 4 points.  so, this was 16 points, yikes.  at some point i had a snack of pimento cheese and crackers, but halfed it, which was three points.  i also had an apple and some strawberries, which were zero points... my total point value was 42 or 43... i couldn't believe it.

so, my workouts... you get activity points when you exericse.  i got 68 points for all my workouts.... i worked so hard, many days doing two workouts, but when i commit to something, i don't give 50%, i give 110%.  i will keep up with this as much as possible, because i want to be healthier:)

the best part is you don't have to deprive yourself.  it was restaurant week, so saturday night i saved a lot of my points (flex points and activity ones) and i was able to eat salmon, mashed potatoes and cheese cake.  i only ate half of all, but it was so nice to be able to have some delicious treats, and for the results....

week 1, i lost 4.8 pounds, woohoo!!! I lost 2.93% of my body weight in one week:)


3 comments:

KelseyMoore said...

i am so proud of you! you are already looking amazing to me!

Malia said...

AWESOME...you have WAY more willpower than me! :)

Kelsey said...

thanks yall for the encouragement... it sure isn't easy, but thankful to have friends like you kelsey working out with me:)