Wednesday, January 16, 2013

weight loss, accountability with friends

so, in the summer of 2008 i was at my heaviest.  a lot of things factored into this, but it was mainly a job where i traveled 80% of the time (had poor diet choices due to never being home or on any sort of a schedule), thyroid problems, and no time to exercise due to work (or at least i used that as my excuse).  i was literally at 200 pounds, for my 5'6" frame.. it was not good.  this is one of the pictures that shows just how big i was. 

ironically this is when i moved to charlotte and i will never forget my dad saying to me that i needed to make some changes and lose some weight, not because i was ugly but more because it was unhealthy and he wanted me to be happier.  i cried when he said this, but i worked hard... i cut back, cut out coke, changed so many things in my diet, and i lost 60 pounds... the below picture is one of me at my skinniest...


i mean, those arms!!!  so, here i am nearly four years later, and i have left off about 45 pounds of it, but i have gained back 20 pounds.  i need it gone.  so that brings me to where i am now...

starting on monday, two of my friends here and i are starting weight watchers.  i am so excited to start this with friends, so we can encourage each other.  we are committed, we are doing this.

my goal is to lose 25 pounds.  feel free to ask, check in, hold me accountable....

here is a picture of me now...

with my sister and sister in laws at christmas...

in addition, i will be doing the following at the gym

monday 6:15 am quick fit, 5:30 pm spin
tuesday 6 pm cardio funk
wednesday 6:15 am total strength
thursday 8:15 am yoga or something at night
friday pilates at lunch 12 noon
saturday spin at 8 am
sunday - varies

i will post weekly updates:)


No comments: