Saturday, September 8, 2012

day 22, or should i say, blog 22, is the future...

here do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? and 15 years?

i think ten years ago, it would have been easy for me to write an entire blog on where "I" wanted my life to be, but the truth is, God has a plan for my life, and He already knows exactly what is going to happen and when.  don't get me wrong i still have hopes and dreams, but i have learned in more recent years that i have to be willing to submit my plans, my desires, to Him, as His plans are always greater than our own.  for example, i would have never thought that part of my plan would have been to go on two mission trips in the last two years, but how good for my heart both of these trips have been.  i am not going to lie, i have to pray and surrender this particular issue to Him ALL THE TIME. for a girl who likes to control things, it is not easy, but we are all works in progress:)

so, just for fun, i'll at least answer:)

5 years from now, i will be 35.  i, with all of my heart, hope and pray that i am married and have a kid or two.    just saying i will be 35 scares me, goodness where does time go.  if i am not, then i see myself probably going back to nursing school to be a pediatric oncology nurse, because well, why not?

10 years from now, i will be fastly approaching 40, since i am not technically 30 yet, i'll slow my roll.  i hope that i am married, and that my husband and i are following God's will for our lives, whether that be in charlotte or in some other unknown location.  i pray that if i have kids, that they are close to my parents and my husband's parents like i was close to my grandparents - just saying, they were my best friends:)  i hope that i am not working like a dog, but i do hope that i am still able to work in some capacity or volunteer.. something.

15 years, goodness, that would be 44/45... that seems older, haha.  i will say that all of where i see myself at this age depends on what happens prior too, so we will see:)

all of this to say that whatever God's plan is, i will do my best to choose JOY!!!  while there are many days when i am tired of being lonely, i just need to remember i am never alone, He is WITH me.

on to the next day, how about something funny:)





3 comments:

Malia said...

HA! very interesting...about 90% of people answer this question "I want to fly"...but I don't think I really want to know what people actually think...(unless I could filter it out & only know the positives!) ha ha

Malia said...

sorry, posted this to the wrong post, meant to post under "SUPER POWER" blog!

Malia said...

NOW as for THIS post, I truly hope & pray God gives you the desires of your heart, my sweet daughter! LOVE you!