Saturday, November 29, 2008

tackiness 101



so i thought that most gay men had taste in decorating, didn't you? i mean in sex and the city, stanford has a sense of style, haha. well a few weeks ago, i met my gay neighbors, they are very nice. well this week they decided to put up their christmas decor, outside, and it is so not cute. i have a new builder/supervisor to follow up with, because d.r. horton has cut some jobs, so my "cute" builder that i've been talking about is now gone. my new builder is also cute. his name is robert. robert stopped by this week, and was like, "what is up with the wreaths on the end unit?" i immediately started laughing, as even a straight guy noticed how tacky they were. so, i've posted a picture of the tackiness for all of you to enjoy.

also, i thought i would add that my mom and i went to walmart today to purchase some twisty ties to hang my garland on my staircase, and we couldn't find any. we went back to the craft section in an attempt to find something else that would suffice to keep the garland from falling - and there was a gentleman in the craft section, get ready for this... making/sewing a pillow for his dog. now many of you know, that i got a sewing machine last year for christmas, and would love to learn more about it, but this guy knew more about sewing than i could ever imagine. he was talking to the craft salesclerk - and it was pure entertainment for me. my mom and i then got a chance to ask the lady about what we could use to tie the garland up, and this man immediately says, "fuzzy sticks." my mom and i just look at it each other like, what? he then explained himself a little more and he was talking about pipe cleaners. so we bought the "fuzzy sticks," and i have you know that it worked wonderfully. i'd say that this guy saved the day. i don't want to make judgements about this man, and it doesn't matter to me either way, but i'm guessing that no straight man would know about "fuzzy stix." so, in this case, the gay man saved the day.

alright, well i hope you got a little laugh out of my blog post. enjoy the picture. please remember that this is not my house, haha.

No comments: