Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 18: The most difficult thing you have had to forgive

honestly, this one is tough for me because as a christian God commands us to forgive, so i don't feel like i have had to really struggle with something to forgive someone.  i think that i have been super blessed and God has allowed me to have a lot of grace and forgiveness in my life so that i don't have to have hatred, grudges, etc.  don't get me wrong there are people and things that people have done that i don't like, but i guess the biggest thing would be when my grandmother was miss diagnosed at the emergency room in may 2009.  i was with her and left to take a conference call for work and when i came back they were releasing her and sent her home.  she was still very much uncomfortable and in pain.  she looked as if she was 4-5 months pregnant, they simply said she was constipated.  i knew, with the medical knowledge i have, that something was not right.  my intuition said, this isn't right, but i wanted to trust the doctors.  they sent her home with magnesium citrate and said, drink that and the constipation should go away... well, i won't go into the long story again, but 12 hours later she wasn't with us anymore.  i had to pray for a lot of forgiveness for the doctors.  i remember my grandfather didn't even get an autopsy.  i remember my mom and i having a discussion about it and i didn't even want to know the doctor's name, i didn't want to probe or investigate further, it would do no good... nothing that anyone did would bring her back.  nothing could take away the pain and absolute heart break.  no one could bring back my best friend and the most amazing grandmother, but what i did do was this.  i just prayed that God would comfort me and remind that holding onto this grudge against this doctor would not help either.  i prayed that He would remind me that He has a specific time chosen that we will all die and there is nothing we can do to change this.  i also read scripture to remind me that she is in Heaven with our Heavenly Father and that He wanted her there more than here.  her time on earth was over, and i was super thankful for the 26 years i got to spend with her... they were the best ever!!!  so, that is hardest thing i have ever had to forgive, for sure.

No comments: