Monday, December 15, 2008

there are some strange people out there

so, i've been kind of absent lately on posting things, but i'm back to traveling lots, so i'll be back to updating this thing. so today, i left out at 9AM for conyers, georgia for a visit. i get to the site, and the coordinator informs me that he has already been trained on the system i am there to train him on, so he basically cuts me off. i tried, but it was hopeless. i pack up my stuff after about 45 minutes, and head back to the airport to fly to newark, new jersey for my visit tomorrow morning. so this is where i encounter some very strange people. while i am sitting in the airport terminal, i smell this foul smell. it is this couple sitting close by me. i had to get up and move. i'm sure many of you are already laughing, as you know how i am about dirty people... i don't do "dirty smells" or body odor. so as the flight is delayed, i thought i'd seen the last of the smelly couple, but you guessed it, i had not.

i am boarding the plane, and looking for my seat, and see the smelly couple sitting on row 20 (they have the middle seat and aisle seat) and yours truly has the window seat. i thought i was going to die. i forgot to mention in the above paragraph that both the man and woman were also very large, so there was no way i was escaping the fumes. so, i get to my little seat, and the lady didn't have the arm rest down, i put it down, and she acts like that is a problem. well, basically it just makes us all uncomfortable... she is spilling out all over the place. i am so crowded, and did i mention the smell is overpowering... i tried to put my coat over my mouth and nose to cover it, but that wasn't helping. the bottom line is, they should have purchased that third seat, as they were almost too big for the two seats - and they should be considerate enough to shower or take a bath before getting on a plane. you know, if someone can afford a plane ticket, they can probably afford soap - so i don't think i am being rude. i pray that doesn't happen to any of you.

another lady i encountered today was an elderly lady who was mad that she had to fly a connection. apparently she is used to direct flights to her destinations with continental. first they booked her in a window seat, which she wasn't having, then she finally got an aisle seat, and it was near the bathroom - well you should have heard this woman and her choice of words in line. she was so mad. she kept saying, this is horrible, this is the worst trip ever... all because they put her in an aisle seat near the bathroom. she was cussing and everything - she was totally pissed, it almost made me laugh.

random story: i parallel parked my rental car tonight in a downtown area. i was going to eat at qdoba. so i was backing the car up, trying to get in the parking space, and i tapped the car behind me, oops... no worries though, no damage to my car or the car behind me. in my defense, i was not in my car (i was in an impala) and it was raining and dark.

alright, more stories tomorrow, probably - i travel to richmond, virginia. have a great tuesday everyone.

No comments: