Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas everyone!


so, i just wanted to take the time to say merry christmas to everyone. i hope each and everyone of you have a wonderful day. remember the reason for the season - we wouldn't have christmas if it weren't for birth of our savior.

so i have a great story about how special my christmas gifts have been in recent years. two very special things have gotten misplaced or given away over the years - Big Bird's Big Red Book and Mall Madness. Big Bird's Big Red Book was my all time favorite book as a child, and my mother would read it to me all the time, every night. somehow, this book was misplaced over the years, and two years ago, moma had it ordered off of ebay and wrapped up for me for christmas. i have it on my bookshelf in my office at my townhouse. when i have children, i will so read it to him or her - i cannot wait. the other thing was mall madness. when my parent's moved in 2006 to the new house, i did not come home to help with the move. my dad was in my room, and thought he would give away some of my games that were in the top of my closet. when i got home, i realized that he had given away mall madness and dream phone - i was heart broken, crushed to say the least. those were my two favorite games of all time.... i mean, we had changed all the names of the guys in dream phone to guys in our class, how cool would it be to go back and look at that in years to come, just for fun. mall madness however, was the best. i am a shopaholic - that game was the best. i mean, hearing, "there is a sale at the 'chtichen' store" was the best. the recorded was the best. or here is another one, "bank closed." well, this morning, one of my parents under the tree was the original mall madness - my mom ordered it for me off of ebay- i was really excited!!! i cannot wait to make them all play again. the thought that my mom put into this gift means everything to me.
as for giving gifts, i got to give my mom the one thing she wanted this year - with help from my dad - we got to give her a trip to the spa with the ladies from the church. i was stressing thinking that it wasn't going to work out, but in the end, it all did, so she gets to go enjoy her day.
i gave my sister a mug i painted myself, i thought she would really appreciate it a little more, but i'm not so sure she did. i hope she enjoys it while drinking her endless cups of coffee a day. my parents got her a coffee maker, since kevin doesn't have one, and she was so thrilled.... so i think we have her covered.
my friend crystal just called and said that she got her boyfriend dusty a bible with his name on it. he had never gotten a bible before, and he loved it. i think that was such an amazing gift that she could give him - he said he was going to sit there in his new chair massage thing and read his bible - he was so excited!!! i think God has great things in store for them.

i also got a bible cover, an ornament, two books, a 1st home ornament, a stocking full of goodies, and some cash!!! i am so blessed.

something that was very special to me that i got this year was a gift from my cousin austin. i got two painted wood panels from him - he painted them all on his own. i cannot wait to hang them up in my house. i absolutely love special, sentimental, meaningful gifts - they are the best. i have put a picture of the two panels.

No comments: