Wednesday, September 25, 2013

God's goodness and wonderful friends

so, this post is 100% to brag on how good God is and how incredible the friends are that He has blessed me with.  it is no secret that i go through different stages, and the last few months have been a bit difficult as it has been a season of overwhelming amounts of friends getting engaged, married, getting pregnant, and having babies.  while i am seriously so happy for them, it is hard to not question God as to why i am having to wait.  one thing i do know, He is constantly building my character and teaching me lessons, and each and every day i find contentment in the blessings.  the past few weekends i have literally had a shower (maybe more than one) - baby or wedding, a wedding, or something pertaining to this and it has been difficult.  i am not writing this to be a sob story, because i have been so encouraged and reminded how much God loves me through my amazing friends.

text messages from friends for example::

this weekend i went to a wedding for a friend in dallas, the bride sent me a text on our way to texas:: "Hey girl!  Thanks for traveling all the way to Dallas via Atlanta.  Drive safely!  I'm praying for your heart this weekend especially - I pray God gives you the desires of your heart & you know he and many others love you.. in the wait, I hope you can find joy and contentment.  I know it's hard but so worth fighting for!  Love you..."

emails from friends...

my friend, J, said, "I know you are struggling with your friends being in a season of change right now and that being frustrating for you since you are not where you want to be.  Just know that I want for you to find your husband more than anything.  I truly believe that GOD is going to surprise you in a big way with your future husband."

another friend, my other casey:)  "Please hear me when I say I am praying for you too!  that the Lord is preparing a Godly man for you in a surprising package.  I agree with J that you are going to get swept off your feet by something really unexpected and I am seriously giddy to see it happen.  I will be bodly pleading for the timing of that "sweeping" and that it comes soon.  I also hope that this weekend, although about kasey, you felt loved and beautiful.  I don't really mean an inner beauty either, you looked hot and I hope you felt it (ps our room was 60 degrees, so if you didn't you should probably go see a doctor :)"

my friend, E, "Want you to know that I'm praying for YOU for you to have peace and trust in God during this season of waiting AND for him to overflow your freaking life with people who can relate to you, who can bring you so much joy and who will NEVER make you feel badly for being real and honest about however you are feeling - good, bad, or ugly!"

my name twin sent me the sweetest message, that you can all read, she put it as a comment on here a few weeks back.  love her for her sweet words and encouragement.

another friend linda, who has an incredible story of an adoption journey, she is actually meeting her 3 1/2 year old daughter for the first time tomorrow and i cannot wait to meet them all when they get back to charlotte!!!  linda sent me a text on sunday, at the wedding, saying, "Thinking of you today.  As we head out on this trip to pick up our daughter (in Chicago right now!) thinking of what a faithful friend you are, celebrating Kasey today.  And how, like me on this adoption journey, you will be one day (soon) be celebrating YOUR wedding, and the wait and everything else will vanish as you marvel in the perfect timing God has for you."

gotta love my crazy, sassy, texan, candice, "I've been praying for your spouse like crazy over the past week.  Please tell me you met yourself a Texas Cowboy this weekend:)"  haha, gotta love the laughs this provided, but so thankful for her prayers:)

my best friends from college have also reached out and been amazing friends, holly sent me a very sweet email and while i do not want her to understand and i want her to be married, she is in this season too, so she provided great advice.  bay calls often to check in and is a great listener, and michele and i are constantly play phone tag.

i am sure there are others that i am forgetting, not intentionally, but these texts/emails stand out in this season.

okay, really, all of these messages and words of encouragement.  each and every message has reminded me how loved and prayed for i am.   i am truly blessed by amazing friends, and for that i can never thank God enough for that. 


No comments: