Thursday, October 4, 2012

so beyond thankful...

so, i have written about this before, but now that i have moved into a condo on my own again... i need to take a minute to express my deepest gratitude for how God has provided friends and family to help and that i am sleeping soundly now. 

anyone who knows me well, knows that my absolutely biggest fear in life is that someone will break into my house.  most of time people laugh or think that i am being funny, but it truly is my biggest fear.  i say i could almost handle snakes, spiders, rats, etc more than this fear, and i am really not joking.  i remember moving out of my townhouse with my best friend from college, holly (whom i lived with for three years out of college) in raleigh, and her saying, "how do you think you will be living by yourself in charlotte?"  i was like, i got this!  confidence can go along way, but even with a security system, lots of prayers, furniture against my bedroom door, and locks and double locks, nothing could have prepared me for how scared i was in that house.  you have all probably read or heard me talk about it, but the truth is you cannot put a price on peace of mind and sleeping soundly at night. 

i think there were so many lessons that God was trying to teach me in the months leading up to moving out of my townhouse.  i think i was afraid to move out, as i have a huge fear that making huge financial decisions will cause major problems, and i have worked hard to get where i am today.  i didn't want to make the wrong move, and get myself into a bind.  i continually prayed for discernment and for peace while making the decision.  once i made the decision to move, a lot of things have to go into effect and God totally provided, like He always does.  i knew that signing a year lease to a new place right away wouldn't be the smartest move financially, as i didn't want to commit not having renters in my place.  i prayed and my friend Christine and her mom came to me with an offer to allow me to stay in Charlotte.  there are truly no words to describe Teresa's, Christine's mom, generousity, as she allowed me to stay at her house rent free for three months, while i continued to pay my mortgage.  the property management group found renters after 8 weeks, so i am beyound blessed to have renters now and that has been a huge stress reliever.  teresa, christine, and her husband doug have done so much for me in the past three months, that i will probably never be able to say thank you.  teresa has the biggest heart, and i saw that everyday that i lived there.  christ shines through in her life daily; what a witness!  she loves to cook, and it brings her joy to be able to provide for others:)  christine and doug helped me move stuff from my townhouse to teresa's and even helped move a few things to my condo now; never once did they complain, they did it willingly and i am so thankful for friends like this.

my dad has been a huge support, as he works two jobs and probably works 12-14 hours daily.  he never complained though and just stepped up and helped in whatever way possible.  he got me storage units (climate controlled) in my hometown for half the price, and even got some of his workers/help in his business to help load all of my furniture from my townhouse to the trailor.  my brother got recruited to help as well:)  when i moved into my condo he arranged to get the truck and drove here, after loading all of it in lincolnton and helped as much as possible.  luckily, another blessing, tyler, jake, and grant were here to help me move, which was a complete blessing.  my dad has a bad back, so he isn't able to carry a lot of the real heavy stuff, so the boys and i moved all of it on saturday!  i cannot even say thank you enough that these guys would spend two hours on their saturday morning to help me!  they all had good attitudes and were laughing the whole time, which made moving not as bad!  i must also add that my mother came on saturday and was a total trooper, she never complained until she got hungry, haha.  if malia doesn't food, watch it (kidding mom)!!!  we had some good laughs!  my friend ryan even came and helped me put together an entire desk, it was in three different boxes!  we managed not to scream or anything at each other, but it sure did take us like 5 hours.  oh, and i should add that lindsey and crystal came the week before i moved in and helped me move a bunch of stuff, what a blessing those two are that they would spend an entire saturday helping me move things and we had such a blast just hanging out, catching up, eating which which, buying couches, etc. 

the point of my forever long post and public shout outs to everyone who helped me, is to say that i have been completed reminded of how blessed i am to have such amazing friends and family.  sometimes i get caught up in how will i do this or i hate asking for help (much better at helping others), so this was a great example of how we are all called to help/love one another.  i just wanted to say how incredibly thankful i am to everyone who helped me, who have prayed for this whole situation to work out, and to praise JESUS that i am sleeping soundly at "FORT KNOX!"  all i had to do was ask, and people showed up and were so willing to help!  i am reminded in scripture where it says,

"This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you."  John 15:12

"Bear one aother's burden's and thus fulfill the law of Christ."  Galations 6:2

so, to teresa, christine, doug, grant, tyler, jake, lindsey, crystal, kasey (she helped me pack my townhouse even before she moved), my parents, my brother, charles, david, jessica (even carrying empty boxes), and anyone that i may have left off...

THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!!

No comments: