Thursday, March 27, 2014

healthy living with a lot of accountability

why do i crave such unhealthy food, i mean, like if I don't have a skinny cow cookies and cream ice cream sandwich a day, it is just not a good day, ha.  so, at the beginning of this year, i made a commitment that i would lose 25 pounds.  i know that sounds like a lot, but i have a goal, that is well within my healthy weight range, so i am trying.

first up, i gave up cokes again.  oh how that pure sweet, carbonated, burns your throat drink is my absolute favorite, but i have learned that is hard for me to drink it in moderation, so it is GONE. 

secondly, i recommited to exercising 5-6 days per week, and i have been doing so much better.  so much so, that i have gained a little confidence... i am training for a 5K.  my friend ashley and i are taking a 6 week running class, oh yeah.  tonight was our first class and they gave us a one-mile timed test.  i was absolutely terrified, but i clocked in at 10:42.  i know there is room for improvement, major improvement actually, but i thought that was a great place to start.  so, ash and i are signing up for a 5K in 7 weeks, we got this!  my ultimate goal would be to do my company's half marathon next year in wrightsville beach.  lofty goal, but i think with a year's time, i can do it.  i am so beyond appreciative that i have ashley to hold me accountable. 

lastly, i tried to give up carbs and sugar.  let's face it, i am not trying to be the next spokesperson for paleo diet, so that was no fun and didn't last.  i challenged myself originally for 30 days, i lasted 21.  even at 21, it was limited carbs and sugar, ha.  so, a more realistic approach to this was weight watchers.  the best thing about WW is that you can still eat what you want, but it is in moderation and EVERYTHING counts.  so, i had my first week weigh in on wednesday and i lost 4 pounds. what what!  i am happy that i am making this a goal, and i am happy that i am taking baby steps towards my big goals.

my sweet and precious friend lynn is doing WW with me, so it is AWESOME to have accountability.  i told her, come december, the month of both of our birthdays, we are going to look like different people, hehe.  we are going out to celebrate our success this year.  we can do this.  she also gave me a groupon for a month's unlimited yoga, hot yoga here i come!  there is nothing like all that sweat. 

so, i am in a good place here! if anyone needs accountability, i'm happy to help encourage.


No comments: