Tuesday, July 9, 2013

funny how life changes

so, this will be a test as to how many people actually read this blog, which doesn't really bother me, but this news is going to shock a lot of people.  quite frankly, i still cannot believe i am strongly considering it.  i've been talking to my neighbors Cortnie and Caroline a lot recently about added a little something to my life, something that i have always been COMPLETELY against.  something i was completely, deathly afraid of until i was 19.  anyone have any guesses, well let me help you out...

a cavachon

a cockapoo
that is right, i am thinking of getting one of these cute little guys above.  i am not considering this decision overnight, it is a HUGE decision.  i am soliciting advice from my friends with dogs, like whoa.  most of them have been super supportive.  they have so much advice, so much love for their animals, and i know they would not lead me in the wrong direction.  i live by myself, have for 5 years, and i think it would be great to have a companion.  i am a responsible person and do not make decisions like this lightly. 

i want a hypoallergenic dog and one that does not shed, this is huge for my OCD/cleanliness!  these two breeds or cross breeds make the cut.  i've read a lot about these and most people have good things to say.  as with all dogs, you have no idea how they will turn out, but a lot of it is in how you train them.  this i will need help with, but i think i can do it.  originally i was thinking a yorkiepoo , maltipoo, or even a shih tzu, but i talked to friends and read about these and decided maybe not the smaller breeds.

continuing to mull this decision over, but thought i'd post on here and see if anyone has any suggestions/advice! 

how's that one for a shocking surprise on this tuesday afternoon:)


3 comments:

Nicole said...

Hey! I definitely read your blog :) I recommend PetSmart puppy training (I even did it with my dog when she was 6 years old) if you are going to put in the effort to train the dog. They teach you how to do it and then you can train any dog the way they teach you! I would also suggest looking into rescues for the breeds you want. There may be a dog out there that needs a loving forever home that is exactly what you're looking for, even a young one that is still trainable! I love having dogs as pets, but realize how much time they require (not litrally, but you can't leave them home all day every day alone or that's just sad- and dangerous! haha) - Good luck with your decision making!

Kelsey said...

oh Nicole, I will:) it is a huge decision. i work from home, so no leaving him/her home all day. my fear is leaving on the weekends, and finding someone to take care, i would feel bad boarding. i am doing lots and lots of research, but thanks for the advice!!!

Anonymous said...

Kelsey,

HIGHLY RECCOMMEND! There is something about coming home and having another heartbeat in the house. I can't imagine ever NOT having a dog, and I was a "cat person" for many years. You will experience the sweetest unconditional love - giving and receiving. Yes, they are work, it takes effort and expense, but when you fall in love,it's a joy to do it. In my case, more than 10 years ago, I decided to just take the leap. My dog, Daunte, helped heal my heart at a very sad time in my life and I have never looked back. And FYI, when Robert and I met, he just loved Daunte. I think that helped seal the deal. ;) When Daunte passed away in late 2011, I was heart broken, I wasn't sure I could do it again, but then we decided to bring home our dog Daphne and again, healing and joy abounded.

Good luck with your decision. I know it's not an easy one and you are smart to put careful thought into it. Love ya!

Linda Ripper