Saturday, April 7, 2012

HAITI 2.0:: I am going BACK

So, I'll write more later, but I wanted to quickly share that I am going back to Haiti.  It is so funny how God works sometimes.  After my trip, it took me a while to process everything, and I have repeatedly said it was the most rewarding thing, yet the most challenging thing I have ever done in my entire life.  I thought that my church may organize a trip, and was praying about the opportunity to present itself, but didn't hear anything about that coming up.  I knew that there was continued need with Blessback at Cambry, and that the Roper's were organizing a trip in July.   Melissa sent me an email one Friday and said, we have two spots left on the medical team, for you and Kristen, please say you'll come.  It was as if God completely sent that email, as I had been praying that an opportunity would present itself again.  I quickly emailed Melissa back and said I am pretty sure I am in, but let me continue to pray for the next few days.  I knew that it was God telling me to go back, so I am paid, signed up, and committed to go 21Jul2012-28Jul2012:)  I am so very excited, and cannot wait to go back with a heart that is ready to love on the children, with a head that is more knowledgeable, and just generally more prepared.  I know God is doing great things in Haiti, and I am so blessed to be a part of it.  Please join me in praying my trip and the preparation for it. 

No comments: