Friday, June 17, 2011

God is providing an amazing opportunity... I'm going to HAITI

so, i've been praying for more than a year now for God to provide an opportunity for me to go on a mission trip. i've always enjoyed the comforts of home (seriously, i love some air condition and am thankful that God allowed someone to create it); however, I have felt God calling me out of comfort zone and like He is ready for me to experience His love somewhere, i just didn't know where.

i first signed up to go to Senegal (in Africa) for a trip that was scheduled to go in October of last year; I was excited about that opportunity and waited on the trip to begin planning, fundraising, etc. Unfortunately the trip was canceled, so I immediately began praying... I doubted and wondered if God really wanted me to go somewhere or if it was my own desire to go somewhere. I feel like God has blessed so much, and I want to give back to others. It is the least I can do.

In February of this year, I go to my eye doctor's appointment. My eye doctor (who said to call him Chuck) or Dr. Knudson was so nice and very personable. He ask me a question, and somehow I mentioned my desire to go on a mission trip, and he got really excited. he said, i have a friend who organizes trips to Haiti and i think it could be perfect for you. i mean, are you kidding me, God totally shows up at my eye doctor's appointment. long story short, my eye doctor emailed his friend, george, and now i am traveling to Haiti with BlessBack Worldwide:)

God is soo good. I just needed to be patient, he had something in store for me all along. I cannot wait to love on the children in the orphanage, to help where needed (if that is painting, cleaning, triage, filling prescriptions, etc). I know that God is going to use me, and I will be praying daily for my trip.

What can you do, you can pray for our trip and team. We are going October 1-8th. I know that there will be specific prayer requests as we get closer to the time we are going, but for now, please pray for our team in general.

"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms." 1 Peter 4:10 (NIV)

No comments: