Thursday, May 21, 2009

a busy week

so, sunday i worked in the nursery at my church for the first time, what a huge blessing. having all the 18 month to 24 month olds love on me - well walk and climb on me in a tiny little room was so much fun. at first i had 9 of them in the room, all by myself, and then finally they brought in some reinforcement (just some help.) after that, i went home for a cookout with the family, which was so good for us, after the sudden death of my grandmother last week, we needed to rally together and try to have a good time and not be sad. my grandfather was even able to tell us about their first date without crying which was precious. i then headed back to charlotte and went over to christine's for "sunday funday!" since it was raining no park activities... we decided to play dominoes. who knew dominoes could be so much fun! i needed this so much, as i had had such a rough week the week before. i had to head to the airport to go to salisbury, md for work on sunday, so off i went.

i knew that monday morning when i called my grandparent's house and my grandmother wasn't there that would be rough for me, it was, but my grandfather was precious. he has tried to be both mom and pop - asking about the flight and trying to keep up with my schedule. my coordinator's in salisbury got me a daily devotional on how to deal with grieving, it was so special that they did that for me. i came home from salisbury on tuesday night.

on wednesday morning i had plans to meet a wish kid at the airport, then i met kasey for lunch, and then i had to catch a flight to richmond to go to the jason aldean concert in richmond with my study coordinator - whew what a busy day! so, i met little stephen who was so excited about going to the coca-cola 600 and to meet tony stewart! (this was kind of emotional for me, as my grandmother was a huge tony stewart fan.) i am not sure exactly what stephen's condition was, but he was too cute. after meeting him, i went to meet kasey and we got to talking... next thing i know i have like 15 minutes to get to the airport, oops. i get to the airport with 7 minutes to spare, wow. i get to richmond, and my SC picks me up for the concert. we went to the jason aldean concert, what fun - he played all the songs i love. then lisa and i went to the ale house in richmond to get a bite to eat, yummy!!!

yesterday, i monitored in richmond all day, then flew home and met kasey and jillian for dinner at big daddy's. after dinner, christine and i went to speedstreet to meet lee, carmen, and charlie to hear the group that sings, "poison," haha - but we didn't hear them because lee and them actually decided they wanted to go to buckhead and christine's show broke, oops - party foul.

today, i was supposed to go to florence, but i just couldn't do it, i felt horrible this morning, so i stayed in the office to get caught up. tonight, i'm going to hang out with friends in downtown charlotte, but not before i go see POP (my grandfather.)

No comments: