Thursday, February 12, 2009

i have felt like a zombie all day today

so, after the drama from the vermont trip, i really didn't want to get on a plane this morning... but i did.

yesterday was round 1 of the carolina/duke rivalry... i love it... although it makes me nervous all day. the fact that a basketball game between the college i went to and our biggest rival is ridiculous i know, but it is true. (side note: i have joined a bible study group at forest hill - my church - and it is is wonderful) we had bible study last night. i am so excited about getting to know the girls in the group and having new friends in charlotte. so, kasey our leader is a big "dook" fan and she invited me to hang out and watch the game with her and some friends after group, so i decided to watch the first half with them and go meet up with holly for the second half. i had so much fun hanging out. we had a unc couch and a dook couch. we started doing horrible at the end of the first half, so jillian said that if i left and we won, i wasn't allowed to watch the game with her anymore, haha. so i guess that would be my last time watching the game with jillian, haha. we won though, first round goes to unc 101 to 87... way to go HEELS!!!

according to the fact that the game wasn't until 9, i knew today that 7:30 am flight would be painful, but when i got home, i really wasn't that tired and i really wanted to know who made the top 36 - american idol. i really like anoop (unc grad and clef hanger), michael (the oil rigger), and lil rounds - right now those are my favorites. so i went to bed around 2 am. my alarm went off at 4:55 am this morning - i seriously wanted to sleep even just five more minutes...

i flew to chattanooga today, no problems or crazy stories to tell about the trip. i went to my close-out visit. i went to a mexican restaurant to eat a late lunch... let the fun begin. now, i am aware where i was, but we are in america, so i should be able to order my food in english. i sit down and the waitress looks at me. she doesn't say anything, she just looks at me, and i am like, hmmm.. i guess she wants me to tell her what i want to drink. first, as i always do.. i wanted to put my order in for cheese dip. i say, "may i please order some cheese dip." she points to the drinks on the menu and says, "sweet tea, coke..." and then some words that i literally could not understand. so another guy had to come over to my table to get my drink order???? what the heck. finally, i got my order, it was wrong of course.... they fixed it. oh the joys of people not speaking english, but it is my choice to eat at a mexican restaurant.

i returned to the airport, got on my plane from chattanooga to memphis. no major problems, excpet the guy who sat beside me refused to keep the arm rest that separates us down... i like that thing... i don't like for people to invade my personal space. i tried to deal with it... i felt like he had invaded my personal bubble, but what can you do? meanwhile, amphitheatre head was behind me the whole time and with my three hours of sleep, i just wanted to sleep... now i am finally in my hotel, watching grey's and private practice and then immediately going to bed.

i'll try to write a post about the joys of valentine's day this weekend. everyone have a happy valentine's day!

No comments: