Friday, January 2, 2015

2014 wrap up

so this is my wrap up from my goals of 2014.  major improvement i needed, but i am blessed and thankful for this life.

1. go on a fun vacation, a trip for fun, somewhere for relaxation - well, i didn't go somewhere new, but i did go to florida with my mom for a long weekend away!


2. lose 25 pounds, lofty goal, but i need to be healthy, as i am not getting younger - yikes, i did not succeed, but i am starting a program on the 5th of january and it should kick start weight loss

3. exercise more. quite simple; just do it. - yes, carolina sweat has provided lots of new experiences and enlighten yoga with lynn, has been wonderful:)

4. learn to sew. stop saying it, learn and do. - dang, i am so bad with this one.

5. bad habit i need to break, no technology in my bedroom. - yeah... a work in progress

6. quiet time in the morning, which means wake up earlier. um... no, not good at getting up before 5:30 for bootcamp/exercise

7. go zip lining. still on the bucket list

8. spend more time with my grandfather. - oh man, i am so glad i did spend the time i did with him, because we lost him on 12/13/14.

9. be more intentional. -this is by far my biggest resolution for 2015

10. make my bed daily, as clean as i am, this is the one thing i do not do, ha (my mother raised me better) - yes, i HAVE improved

11. eat more veggies! -better start, haha

12. save more, budget better. - getting there.

13. HUGE GOAL:: try as hard as i can to stop buying clothes, i am doing a bible study and counted how many article of clothing and accessories i have, let's just say i cannot even type the number. it has to stop. - yeah, this is so unbelievably hard for me.

14. purge stuff, they aren't going with me when i leave this place. - i have been a lot better this year!

15. focus on growing in my relationship with God:: Being STILL. Trusting in HIS plan. - this is still a work in progress.

16. surprise people more, it is fun:) - yes and yes

17. drink more water. yes

18. go hiking, just that simple -still have not done this enough

19. read more, always a goal. - this was just dumb, never.going.to.happen

20. read my Bible more. don't give up, be intentional about quiet time. - it comes and goes in waves

21. go somewhere that i haven't been before. a new place. - nope:(

22. stop drinking coke again, we all know it has always been my vice. i stopped for a good two years, i can do it again. I CAN DO IT!!! - i did god for a while, but i need to get better at saying no.

23. look into going to Uganda, really God is stirring this in my heart. but truthfully, i want to go where He has called me. - didn't happen this year, but leading haiti trips:)

24. look into getting a dog. i go back and forth, but i think it would be nice to have a companion. i think i want to do rescue, and not a puppy, so it will be housebroken/trained. - well... so far NO has won out, but maybe just maybe

25. focus more at work, really strive to do better. last year wasn't my best in my role, so i want to really exceed expectations. i am so blessed to work for a great company. - i think i improved significantly this year

26. take adult gymnastics, really i want to do this. - still want to do this!!!

27. try a hot yoga class or yoga in general. - i absolutely love it, cannot wait to get back:)

28. would love to find a cheap way to do barre classes, I LOVED pure barre, but it was outrageously expensive. if anyone sees a living social or groupon, holla at this girl! - still too expensive:(

29. write in my journal more and blog more often. - UMMMM... NO

30. start a jar full of memories, praises, answered prayers, etc for 2014 and read on December 31, 2014 to reflect on the year

31. to live this year not letting my singleness define me, but by loving others and encouraging others who are single. this road gets lonely at times, but God has blessed me. i want to be a blessing and encouragement to others. -this is by far one of the hardest things, but i tried and feel at times i was successful and at times, i failed miserably. 

32. cook more, eat out less often. - haha.  yeah it is a struggle.  for real.



No comments: