Tuesday, June 4, 2013

thankful

so today's post is really quite simple, i have found myself being quite negative or ungrateful lately, so i am simply going to post about things i am so very thankful for.  the truth is, God has blessed me in so many ways and i need to focus on those, not on things that people may say that hurt my feelings, things i don't have, or what he hasn't blessed me with... what kind of life is that.  so, onto the point of this post.  i am so THANKFUL, GRATEFUL, and BLESSED for...

* prayerful friends
* a walk with a friend last night
* quick fit at the gym last night
* country concerts this summer
* good night's sleep on sunday (9 hours)
* five hours at the pool on saturday and catching up with friends (em, jess, and jillian)
* my haiti trip is in two weeks, woohoo
* my church
* my small group girls
* exercise in general, such a stress reliever
* my refrigerator is working after 32 days, woohoo
* my family
* grace

it really helps change your focus and perspective if you just start the day reminding yourself of all the things that you are thankful for.

3 comments:

The Sinclairs said...

This is so good. I've been so guilty of focusing on the bad and inconveniences lately - and I need to give thanks in all circumstances. Thanks for inspiring me! :)

Kelsey said...

Jennifer, it is constantly a work in progress, but glad it was a reminder to both of us:)

Malia said...

AMEN, sure do need a reminder of what all we have to be thankful for! I just finished reading Kisses from Katie, WOW...really puts it all in perspective...we just do not realize how blessed we really are!