Wednesday, April 22, 2009

will i be a night owl forever?

so, this morning i was to get up early and head to spartanburg, sc for a day visit. i told my sc that i would be there around 9:00 or 9:30am, but my alarm went off, and as always, i just couldn't get out of bed. seriously the actual act of getting out of bed, is the worst part of my day. i hate it, haha. if only someone saw my actual routine, it is very entertaining. i hit the snooze button 5-10 times, on any given morning. that snooze button doesn't phase me one bit. i keep hitting it, acting like it hasn't just interrupted my precious sleep. does it matter that the sun is also shinning right in my face most mornings, heck no... i just turn over to the other side and sleep away. so i finally get up around 7:20 am and hop in the shower, once up i am usually fine, but if i allowed myself to crawl back in bed after my shower, i feel 100% certain that i could fall back asleep.

i get in the car, and head down to spartanburg, sc - which is actually not a bad drive at all from charlotte (just about an hour.) i try to make a list of things to do, mainly call people and schedule visits, so i am entertained or busy, so i will not get sleepy. i decided i needed a biscuit, as i will not stop and eat lunch today, because i am leaving early, so i stop at mcdonalds for a plain biscuit and a ice water.... the lady is so not friendly... she hands me my ice water, and i spill it all over me, freezing cold ice water all over the side of me, can we say cold. i just kind of laughed, because i will not let this ruin my day. she says absolutely nothing. she just says, here is another water. talk about stellar customer service.

so now i am in spartanburg, and i am thinking, it would be so nice to take a nap right about now, haha. i'll probably stay up til like 1 am again tonight, and be tired again tomorrow - it is a vicious cycle, my mother says i've been like pretty much since i was a baby, so i'm wondering will i ever learn to go to bed early, and get up earlier?

No comments: